background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things are growing!

Mostly my belly and our garden are growing!  I'm now a little over 17 weeks pregnant and finally starting to show a little bit.  Baby Maynard is starting to make his or her appearance and I started feeling flutters about a week or two ago and they are getting stronger.  I had an ultrasound a week ago and we were hoping to be able to tell the gender, but it wasn't clear enough yet and the baby really didn't want us to know yet.  The baby would be playing with its hands and sucking its thumb and as soon as the nurse moved down towards the bottom area, the baby put its arms between its legs...haha!  We could also see that the baby had the hiccups.  It was weird to see the baby moving so actively and using my uterus as a trampoline when I still can't feel much beside flutters.  We can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl in the next few weeks!

In other news, my dad helped me start our first raised bed vegetable garden back in March and it has been growing in leaps and bounds!!  Especially my tomatoes, they are soooooo happy!  (Now if I can just keep the birds away from them!)  If all goes well, we will be able to harvest tomatoes, bell pepper, banana peppers, jalapenos, habanero peppers, okra, bush beans, and black eyed peas.

Right after planting in March:


Now what they look like this morning, May 17th:


This tomato plant is called bigger boy...and you can probably see why, I can barely control it!



I can't wait for harvesting time!  Now if I can just keep the squirrels from digging in my garden and the birds from eating everything!

Now what some have been waiting for (Beck this is for you :)...Belly pictures!

16 weeks...my first Mother's Day!


We used our camera phone and it didn't take the best picture.

17 Weeks



So it's not a big bump yet, but it's definitely growing!

1 comment:

  1. YAY all the way around!! Wow, your garden looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete